Your slow WordPress website!
Slow websites are seriously bad for your business, the drop off time for slow loading sites can be the difference between your site making money and being an expensive brochure that doesn’t convert any customers. For business websites your most likely outcome is to generate leads and revenue, is your slow loading website helping you to do that?
Here are some stats for you…
According to a Kissmetrics survey, 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load and a 1 second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions. If your site loads in 8 seconds rather than 3 then that could equate to a 35% decrease in conversions. If you cost up how much each web customer is worth to you then you will see that a 35% reduction can make a massive difference to your top line. With Google including page load time in its ranking algorithm, now is the best time to do something about your slow loading website.
WPEngine, the WordPress hosting specialists, have just released a speed test where you can see how fast your website is and what you can do about it. This is an incredibly helpful tool for site owners to recognise that they are losing money with every additional second it takes for their site to load. Yep, you will have to give some details to WPEngine, isn’t that worth it to see what you can do about getting a faster website.
If you don’t already know about WPEngine then let me tell you that they are the best WordPress hosts around:
- They only host WordPress sites so their infrastructure is built and fine-tuned for WordPress sites
- They load your website super fast using advanced caching
- Fully scheduled daily backups and backups on demand
- Easy access to a duplicate staging version of your site so you can test new features and update WordPress core and plugins with zero risk
- They take security very seriously and will even fix your site if it gets hacked (the only hosts that we know of that offer this)
- They can migrate your site over to them for free using their migration tool
- There support is amazing with all staff being highly experienced in WordPress
If all of these features above are not enough then the best recommendation we can give is that this site runs on WPEngine and we couldn’t be happier. We switched over about 2 years ago and they have handled spikes in traffic and support requests with ease whilst also pushing the boundaries of what can be done with WordPress hosting. We wanted the best hosting so we chose WPEngine.
Check out the speed test and find out about your slow loading website.